Building My Ultimate Driving Machine - The 2
This project is a shift break from security engineering. It focuses on major work being done to making my Ultimate driving machine. BMW prides itself as a conventional unique way to experience their masterpieces.
Every manufacture as an entry level model that juices you up to wanting a an upgraded version. While most average consumers would go this route, that is not the case for a car enthousiate like myself and you. The moment you’re into the car modifying world, that’s it. You will sink in and will never come out of the trap easily.
Below is a list of all modifications done and/or yet to be installed to transform The 2 (2015 228i RWD N20) to an Ultimate Driving Machine yet streeet legal, reliable yet outperform every model of its cotegory. Some modifications link to a DIY video, enjoy and don’t forget to subscribe.
Performance Ugrades and Modifications
- Nothing done yet
|Front||19" 8.5||235/35 91Y All-season||345mm 2-piece||GT6 (6-pots piston)|
|Rear||19" 9.5||245/35 91Y All-season||345mm 2-piece||GT4 (4-Pots piston)|
Rims Make and Model: BMW 763M Y spoke style (replicat set, not OE) Tires Make & Model: TBD
- Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 octane
- 1-step colder ignition coil setup
- WMI (water methanol injection - yet to come): Currently looking for any WMI with a failsafe mechanism. The failsafe mechanism protects the engine in case of WMI failures. Currently bm3 maps for N20 don’t support it therefore this is not safe to install.
Cosmetic Ugrades and Modifications
Here is a list of cosmetic mod done thus far:
- Custom ergnomic stearing wheel
- Instrument Cluster LED Swap
- Black Gloss Kidney Grill
- Chrome Delete
- Aluminum Shell Forged Oil Filter Housing
- Carbon Fiber Rearview Mirror cap
- Retrofited the red start/stop button
- Custom Headlight Angel Eyes
- Blacked out Headlight: Painted black all chrome part of the headlight.
Some of these setup will be explained in detail in future posts.