Summer Cryptography Journal 2020
Over the past couple of weeks I took some time to research for a feasible cryptographic primitive protocol that can be used in YBITS.IO, a secure, simplefied, ananonymous large file tranfer service. Below is compilation of some blog posts and research papers I found to be useful that may also help you on your next project.
For a more valuable, in depth resources check out the IACR database https://eprint.iacr.org/
RFC & Scientific papers
- EME Encryption https://eprint.iacr.org/2003/147.pdf and a golang implementation can be found at this link https://github.com/rfjakob/eme#eme
- SIV Encryption https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5297
- AES-GCM-SIV https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8452
- Online SIV aka eSTREAM SIV or (OAE) https://eprint.iacr.org/2015/189.pdf
Zero knowledge Proofs:
You’d ask why isn’t there AES-GCM? well, jump into this https://soatok.blog/2020/05/13/why-aes-gcm-sucks/. But that not the actual reason, the point is many of the listed chryptographic schemes here are less known to developers. Addintionally, Homomorphic Encryption is gaining wider adoption in cloud. This is something to keep an eye on.
- https://soatok.blog/tag/cryptography/ - a series of opinionated posts based on differents Cryptography scheme, their usage and level of security.
- https://moxie.org/2011/12/13/the-cryptographic-doom-principle.html - an opinionated post about “Cryptographic Doom Principle”.
- Zcash Zero Knowledge proof https://z.cash/technology/zksnarks/
- Encrypting Streams https://www.imperialviolet.org/2014/06/27/streamingencryption.html
Now, for not reinventing the wheel, here is another great compilation of cryptographic protocol source code in almost every popular language https://github.com/sobolevn/awesome-cryptography
Do you have suggestions or typeo to report? reach out via twitter @asnip8 or submit a PR